Monday, March 11, 2013

Packing Light

This past weekend I drove down to Rosarito for a quick two day trip (I was visiting my grandparents).  As I was frantically packing Saturday morning, I started stuffing makeup into a Hello Kitty cosmetic bag. I usually stuff 2 or 3 of these with brushes, eyeshadow, and lipsticks. This time I took a second to stop and think about it. How many lipsticks have I lost? How many buttery eyeshadows have crumbled beneath the pressure? So I dumped everything and started over.




- Garnier BB Cream: Crap! Do not buy! But I reach for this when I need light coverage and these trips give me an excuse to use it up. This was $13 and I don't want to throw it away.

- Real Techniques Buffing Brush: I'm sure you've heard of the Pixiwoo sisters and Samantha's brushes.  This is the only way I can make this BB cream work for me.

- Wet n Wild Comfort Zone palette: I needed something compact, easy to work with it, and wouldn't break the bank (and my heart) if damage happened. Cue in this awesome palette.  I used the highlight color on the left, the lid color beneath that, and both the definer colors.  Since these are all shimmer, they are easy to blend and almost fool proof (almost).

-Ecotools Highlight brush from the 5pc eye brush set: This is the only eye brush I packed! Goodness I love this brush.  It's dense enough to pack color with, but also tapered and fluffy to blend. 

-Revlon eyelash curler and Maybelline The Falsies mascara: Nothing special about these. I always need mascara and I just started testing out Falsies for the first time (thanks to Vanessa).

- Covergirl Instant Cheekbones blush trio: I reach for this blush a lot. I have three options of color, it's pigmented, and super portable. Also, I wouldn't cry if it broke.
covergirl blush swatch

-Ecotools Powder Brush: This is the brush I always use for blush. Just love.

-Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Spot corrector: I also just started testing this. I like the coverage and could have probably just used this instead of bringing the BB cream.  But of course, it's on the pink side.  I also have the UD concealer from this post, but I always carry that in my purse.

Things that were missing: powder to set the grossness that is this BB cream and an eyeliner. Other than that, I'm happy with the results.

This is my face (which I put together while in the passenger sit as we drove through hills. For some reason, I also took the pictures before applying the mascara. Oops).







I also put this whole post together on my Iphone on the drive back.  Yay for technology!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ladies! Seeing as we're fairly new bloggers, I thought nominating your blog for the Liebster Award would be a great opportunity. All the info is posted on my blog. Of course, I'd love to read each of your responses to the questions. Keep up the great work!

    http://tatianasuper.blogspot.com/2013/03/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey tots! thanks so much! we've been a little busy but we will definitely get on it soon.

      Delete